Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sketchbook Project 2012

I FINALLY sat down to get this started.  I pulled the book apart and replaced the paper with watercolor paper.  Instead of having a bazillion pages to complete, I now have just 16 (8 pages front to back).  I think this is much more manageable.  The book can't be wider than an inch when completed so I feel pretty safe with this.

The cover needs tweaking.  I'm not completely satisfied with it yet.
I haven't touched the inside covers yet.  The back cover is complete but nothing to write home about.  Here is the first page:
I like the way this came out.  BUT I NEED TO MOVE AWAY FROM ORANGE!  (I can't help myself sometimes.  The color makes me so happy...)

4 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Orange is good!!!
I loved this!!!
: )
Come by see see me!

Joanne Huffman said...

Why would you have to move away from orange? I like what you've done with this.

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Sandee! I'm one of the participants (beansieleigh) at Pretty Days for the Art Intinerant project! LOVE your cover!!.. AND the first page of your journal. Just wanted to say thanks for your words of encouragement! I really am NEW at this, since a long time, and with no education in painting whatsoever! I'm just having fun with it, but it takes a degree of bravery to post it to Flicker!... Hope you're enjoying your weekend! ~tina

abbie at play said...

dear sandee,
these are beautiful! thank you for the inspiration!!!