Sunday, June 05, 2011

Masking Tape for Journaling

I wish I could take credit for this idea but I got it from roc and terri and a group I belong to.  I placed masking tape over the page where I didn't want any medium.  It acts as a mask.  I used 2 inch wide tape so I tore the sides to give it a more grungy look.  I spread my 89 cent acrylics along the edges and used ink mists on the rest of the page.  To make the circles I used the top of a prescription bottle and the top of a glue stick.  Once dry, I removed the masking tape and went over some of the paper with punchinella and Staz-On.  Once I journal I'll figure out what I want to do on the 'clean' parts.

and the finished product...
The page is a little bigger than my scanner so a bit of the words are cut off...

3 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Wow!!! This page is amazing!!! I'm so happy that you've enjoyed our techniques!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Joanne Huffman said...

Great idea. I love the way it looks.

Terri Kahrs said...

It's 'me' again!!! I just had to sneak back to peek at your finished page, and I'm so happy that I did! The journaling really looks great! Hugs, Terri xoxo