Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm a Scrapaholic!!!

When I cleaned up yesterday, I put all my scraps and unused art thingies in a bin. I love scraps (or hoarding, as my DH sees it!). I can't throw away the smallest piece of ANYTHING because I think I may need it at some point. Believe it or not, I really do find uses for these bits and baubles. This whole piece is made from scraps and rejects. And see that little piece of silver tulle on the bottom left? That is what was left over from a 12 x 12 inch piece that I got from my friend Jen about 2 years ago. Mind you, this art piece is only 3.75 x 4 inches! See, I used that teeny tiny piece!



I made this piece in honor of my friend martha. She loves to sew and is so darn wonderful at it. She has always encouraged me to "just do it!" and I try when I have the time (or pieces of scrap!) Sew martha, I did it!

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

This is a lovely piece. You should show it to your husband, so he sees the worth of the gems in your scrap pile.

martha brown said...

It's beautiful! YOU DID IT!
Hey -- my favourite song on your blog is playing!!! (Somewhere over the rainbow)(I still listen to your blog music EVERY DAY at school -- even my coworkers can sing along to all of your songs, lol)
(your "before" art studio pics look like my "after" ones)(teachers have to be hoarders)