Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Creative Every Day 2009

I want you all to know that I have really been Creative Every Day! It's just that things needed to be done in steps; things needed to dry; a journal needed to be bought; etc. So after a few days of arting, this is what I came up with. I joined a Yahoo Group called Soul Journal which I just happened to chance upon while blog surfing. This was like a gift from above! There are prompts there every week, if you need one, and now my Creative Every Day 2009 journal and Soul Journal are one book. I do have other journals that I will art in and post from time to time. But this is my year for healing and I do feel that this is the journal I will probably work in most often.

The latest prompt for the Soul Journal is Dream Weave. I chose a couple of my favorite water color mists and sprayed hot pressed water color paper. After weaving, gluing and trimming, I pasted it to the back inside cover of my journal. It's actually a pocket:
The pocket holds Dream Strips that I'll write on. These strips will be a great way for me to RELEASE (my Creative Every Day 2009 word...) those bad vibes and dream of a healthier and more creative way to live my life. Are you getting the inter-connectedness here???

Here is the first page of my RELEASE Soul Journal. It's a little cluttered, but boy, did I have a GrEaT time making it! I guess because I made it for ME!!!!!

10 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

great messages and wonderful looking pages!

Lady North said...

Thank you for sharing on Soul Journal. Love the bright colours, exactly what is needed on a fog bound day! And RELEASE.o yes..mantra for the new year.
Blessings! will be following through the year..LN

Jill said...

Hi Sandee! I love your new journal and your beautiful "release" page! Very beautiful vibrant colors. I can't wait to see your upcoming pages.

Barbara said...

STUNNING!!! LOVE LOVE IT!!

Maija said...

Happy New Year Sandee!
How are you doing???

martha brown said...

This is GREAT!!!
p.s. I tagged you!

Kathryn Costa said...

Welcome again to the group. I love the colors that you used - so vivid, so welcoming and positive. I'm tickled to see that you are finding the Soul Journal blog and board as a gift. I look forward to sharing the journey with you!

{soul hugs}
k

Joanne Huffman said...

I love what you're doing with journalling and I think it's meant to be since it's all so interrelated and the results are so full of beauty.

Joanne

morningDove said...

wow this is beautiful. and I love your Dream weave pocket. You are definitely releasing some great artwork.

Tamara C said...

You know what I like about your "Release" year the most? That it is allowing me to see your soul more clearly. And that feels like such a gift to me, sweet friend! So even while you are releasing for yourself, you are still touching others - which is the best of both worlds, I think! :)

I love your self portrait too! I did one as well, although I printed the picture because I'm still afraid to do the drawing thing. Urgh. :)

May Fairy Wings Touch Your Soul This Weekend, Sweetling! Hugs, Tam