Friday, October 24, 2008

Queens for Caryl


This month I had Caryl's "Queens" book to do in our Alphabetica group. I had the letters S and T. I chose the names Sofia and Titania, a) because I liked the names, and b) I loved their meanings. I googled both and this is what I found:

Sofia/Sophia ( Greek for "wisdom"). I changed the spelling because I liked the "f" spelling better than the ph :o)

Titania was the name of a character in William Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream. In Shakespeare's play, she is the queen of the fairies.

4 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

both queens regally done!

Joanne

artbeth67 said...

Purdy new art, Ms. Sandala! Hope you've been getting the messages I've been leaving for you on you cell :)

SueHart said...

Both great cards. So different. Well done. x

trisha too said...

very queenly!
:)