Saturday, January 19, 2008

Step Outside Your Box

The theme this week was Rusty. I have to tell you this cute story. Here we are, new to CT. I have not one rusty thing in my possession. My husband and son were going for a walk, and as they walked out the door I told them this week's challenge was rusty. I asked them to please take flashlights and look for something for me. I thought it would keep them busy for a while. Well, about 30 minutes later, they came back with a number of rusty things. Apparently, they found a couple of abandoned cars in the woods. The springs were sticking out of the seats. The grabbed some rusty LARGE pieces of car springs and some smaller rusty coils. Give the boys a job and look what happens! I'm going back tomorrow to take a peek for myself and see what I can find!

7 comments:

A Note From The Queen said...

I love this, love the story and I'm seriously jealous of your abandoned car stash LOL

Anonymous said...

they did a great job.wonderful piece of art

Anonymous said...

A wonderful story :-) Yur card looks great, love the little spring.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the funny story! and your card looks wonderful!

Sharon said...

Great story, I need something like that. All I have out my back door is broken glass and bottles. By the way, wonderful card!!

Mary-Beth said...

Love the card and how lucky you have free stash nearby!

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

What wonderful guys, to do that for you, and what a great story! The little spring looks super on the card. Love the female image you used.